Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Huffing and puffing

What do you do when you get an e-mail like this?

huff

A) Tell your friend that she is a special kind of mad and you don’t subscribe to such madness.

B) Think about it but decide that last November’s W.O.O.F. was chilly enough and a December race will only be worse.

C) Start looking at training plans.

I think you all know which answer I picked.

Yes, I am crazy.

BUT, I’ll have 12 weeks between my first post-partum race, the Fort-4-Fitness 4-miler, and the Huff – the perfect amount of time for a training plan. And there’s nothing like a race to keep you running as the weather cools.

Now I just need to decide whether to base my training schedule on a 15K plan or a half-marathon one.

Have you ever signed up for a race that had people questioning your sanity?

Last year, I signed up for there loops, totaling 16 miles, at the W.O.O.F. with less than three weeks to train and never having run more than a half-marathon. It was insane but I ended up doing well and placing first in my age group.

7 comments:

  1. I think you are AWESOME and not at all CRAZY! I can't wait to see your training plan and I love that you are doing a fun race. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will rock it! We are all a little crazy sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I haven't - but I'm sure you're going to do AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, being called insane is how you know you're doing something right!! I'm so impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you aren't crazy, you freaking rock! I'm excited to hear how your training goes post baby. I'm doing two half marathons two weeks apart next month and a few people have told me i'm crazy for that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. No idea who that friend is, but I think you all need a special padded room!!!

    Soooooo "C" and I were running the loop used in the WOOF today and started to panic (more me less her) that we might not be able to get the 3 laps of the done in time. I can't get an answer on what time the race ends, but I'm guessing at sunset at the latest . . . eek!!!!!! C & I figured it would take us about 3 hours each to do one lap - hoping you can rock it MUCH faster -but if not then that's 9 hours (umm, darkness will set in). You think we can do it? We're looking forward to it and hope we can finish in time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you are crazy at all, I think a relay sounds fantastic. And what better way to keep moving as winter rolls in. I think that it would be more motivating to have friends with you in it for the long haul! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete